Hey guys, was meant to post this up last week, but didn't get around to doing it so gonna post it up now! I've done this on fake nails, but it would be done exactly the same if it were to be on your natural nails.
This is the look we're trying to achieve:
Keep reading to find out how it's done :)
These are the colours I've used
BYS; blue/ Volt; 62/ OPI; Charged Up Cherry/ OPI; Rumple's Wiggin'
1. Prep your nail by adding a base coat. When dry, use some tape to create a smile line for your french tip. If you find it hard to bend the tape to your nail, you can always cut a curve in the tape before sticking it down. Be sure the rest of the nail is well covered to avoid seeping nail polish.
2. Paint some white on the tip of your nails. If you have gaps in the tape, make sure not to poke your brush into these gaps, but if they do seep, you can fix them up later.
3. You can skip this step if you are doing it on your natural nails. I've just arranged all my nails on a stretch of tape so I can dip them in all at once. It is up to you whether you want to do it in one go or multiple times.
4. Start dropping in the colours in your choice of order and keep adding till you're satisfied. I have used filtered water that has been sitting on my desk overnight to get it at room temperature.
5. Using a toothpick, orange stick or something with a sharp end, start dragging gently on the surface of the polish. Keep dragging till you like what you've got.
6. I've dipped my nails using tweezers cause I didn't want to get any on my hands, but if you're doing these on your natural nails, just go ahead and dip them in! Find an area of interest or somewhere you like and dip them carefully. Using a cotton bud, remove the excess polish around the nail/finger/s. You should get something that looks like this (second pic).
7. Remove all the tape. If there are remaining traces of nail polish, use a cotton bud dipped in polish remover to do so. If any polish seeped through the smile line, clean it up a little as well. Using black stripping polish, draw a line over the smile line to hide any smudges. This will make the colours pop haha
8. This step is optional, but I did a simple accent on the ring finger. I just used a dotting tool and silver polish to create a wavy line of dots.
Hope you guys liked this, have fun marbelling!